Can I study completely in English?

Yes, there are many study options in English for Bachelor, Master or Phd in Spain. Alternatively there are bilingual courses in English and Spanish available, if you want to learn Spanish as well.

Do I have to speak Spanish to live in Barcelona?

No, Barcelona is a very international city, over 52% of Barcelona residents speak English which makes it very easy for you to fulfill your everyday needs fully in English. We do, however, offer Spanish courses for beginners oor advanced students if you wish to learn the language – your cultural immersion will be more insightful speaking the local language.

What are the admission requirements to get accepted by Universities and schools in Barcelona?

This varies depending on each University’s requirements and depending on the degree you are seeking. In general you will need to provide all your previous degrees and transcripts, updated CV, motivation letter and reference letters. In some cases the University asks you to take an entry exam or an online interview with their academic dean.

Where can I apply?

Applications are done online and don’t require your physical presence. IWAN and LEAP support you with the process.

What are the steps needed if I want to start the process of admission?

First choose the course you want to study and the University you want to study at. The next step then is to fill out an application form and prepare the needed documents.

How can I get a student visa to travel to Spain ?

You first need to get the admission letter from the University and book an interview at the Spanish embassy in your country. The embassy asks for documents such as your passport, bank statement, admission papers, health insurance and flight tickets.

Are there English speaking doctors?

Yes, when choosing your medical insurance in Spain, you will have the option of getting insurance that works with English speaking customer service, doctors and clinics.

What are the costs of living in Barcelona?

On average, a monthly budget of (1,000€) which covers:
Accommodation: the price ranges depending on which kind of accommodation you are looking for, rooms in shared apartments (400-700€), studio flats (700-1000€), student residency (700-1000€), or entire flats (800-1300€).
Food & Transportation: Monthly average is (200-400€) which covers grocery, public transport and restaurants.
Medical insurance: 45€/month.

Is a Spanish University degree accredited in my home country?

Most public and private Universities in Spain provide a globally accredited degree to make sure it is accredited in your country you will need to request information about the specific University/School where you intend to study.

Can I work while I am studying?

Yes, you can. With a European student visa you are allowed to work up to 20 hours a week and up to 4 hours a day. This permit is useful if someone wants to earn additional money by working as a promoter, waitress or in tourism, for example. You are also allowed to work full-time with this permit, up to 3 consecutive months, given you have no classes at the same time (e.g. during summer break). Students usually choose part-time job when the position cannot be qualified as an internship and doesn’t relate to the student’s study program.

Is it safe to live in Barcelona ?

Yes, Barcelona is a very safe city with very low crime rates and a strong Police force.

What are the chances that I find a job in Spain after I graduate?

There is a good chance that you find an internship or full time job after you graduate in Spain since many multinational companies have expanded their operations to Spain and are constantly looking for new and diverse talent. There are many career fairs organized by schools where multinational companies participate in to draft talent directly from the institution.

Can I travel home and come back to Barcelona with my student visa?

Yes, your student visa will grant you a residence permit that covers the duration of your studies with multiple entry, which allows you to travel and come back anytime.

Can I travel Europe with my student visa?

Yes, once you obtain your European student visa you can travel the Schengen countries (26 countries) without border controls and multiple re-entry to Spain up to 90 days at once.

Connect us